We’re looking to add full-stack engineers to our small, collaborative development team. You’d be a great fit if you are comfortable working on both front-end and back-end code, like to pair program all day, like writing your tests first, enjoy constructive dialogue as much as shipping code, and are excited about regularly delivering a product that has an impact. Our app is written in Elixir, which we love because it combines a beautiful, Ruby-like syntax with substantial performance improvements. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to learn this cutting-edge language or to improve your existing skills. We use the Phoenix web framework and Elm for the complex parts of our UI.
We believe in working at a sustainable pace—you’ll typically code for 8 hours each day, and then you’re off to relax, recharge, and refocus. Our office is in SOMA, a 10-minute walk from BART and Caltrain. Due to our emphasis on in-person collaboration, working remotely is not possible for this role.
What you’ll bring to the table
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Desire to work in a full-time pair-programming environment
- Desire to work on a team that practices TDD
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with our team
- Passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Passion for improving your skills, tackling interesting work, and solving challenging problems
- Experience with Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, or Elm
- Experience with pair programming
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with agile/XP software development
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision
- Access to our cutting-edge athletic training facility in Menlo Park