Are you a skilled engineer, interested in actively shaping the technical future of a globally recognized online hotel search? In order to help our development teams to move fast we need to build tooling that enables them to have reliable production systems with automated deployment and feedback mechanisms. This position is a key to this approach. If you're a passionate, ambitious and intrinsically motivated engineer, read on, and apply today!
What you'll do:
- Help us to move our business critical applications to a container based infrastructure. We deploy them to our internal cloud based on Nomad and Kubernetes.
- Maintain a deployment cycle for various applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Maintain our Jenkins installation (more than 30 Jenkins agents and 400 jobs).
- Implement and maintain monitoring (including alerting) solutions for hardware as well as software services.
- You would be responsible for infrastructure solutions for new projects and build small prototypes to showcase these new ideas.
- Maintain and develop our custom tooling to improve trivago release workflows.
What you'll definitely need:
- A DevOps mindset and eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to write code in one of: Python, PHP, Golang.
- You are fluent in English, our company language.
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience with: Docker, Jenkins, Make, HashiCorp stack (Nomad, Consul, Vault), Linux and FreeBSD, ELK stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Saltstack, Kafka.
- 1-2 years experience working in high scale environment.
- A good understanding of SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and protocols like HTTP.
What to expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit andvisa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/