MOIA is an innovative mobility company aspiring to change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility.
We are creating a radically new ridesharing service that will bring affordable, clean, and convenient mobility to everyone, and make cities a better place to live in. Operating as an independent company under the umbrella of the Volkswagen Group, we can utilize the resources and know-how of a global corporation while being an agile, dynamic and team-spirited start-up. Our fast-growing team located in Hamburg and Berlin has a human-centered perspective on mobility and sustainability and is focused on one goal: Being one of the leading global mobility-service providers by 2025.
About your team:
We are a data driven company and our data Insights team is responsible for turning data into knowledge which is used to build our products and services. The Insights team has nine team members and includes Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Data Science.
What you will do
- You will build and automate the infrastructure required for our ETL processes using Infrastructure as a code approach
- You will connect a wide variety of data sources using AWS technologies and SQL
- You will build batch jobs and streaming applications, which are crucial for our business decision
- You will ensure stable and consistent data delivery for business critical data-driven application features
- You will monitor & manage all aspects of system security, performance, storage, incidents, usage, backup and recovery for databases, applications, and infrastructure on AWS
- You will help us to continuously improve our data pipeline
What you will need
- You have proficient programming experience in either Python, Kotlin or Java
- You have experience with building or running large-scale applications / infrastructure on AWS
- You have experience with building reliable data pipelines
- You have effective communication skills and an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams
- You have no problem to communicate fluently in English in our diverse team
Whats nice to have
- Knowledge of Micro-batching or stream processing frameworks, for example Spark, Flink