Are you a skilled engineer, interested in actively shaping the technical future of a globally recognized online hotel search?
In order to help our team move fast, we need to build infrastructure that enables them to have reliable development and production systems with automated deployment and feedback mechanisms. We're looking for a skilled engineer with a real DevOps mindset to work closely with developers and data scientists to achieve this goal.
If you're a passionate, ambitious and intrinsically motivated engineer, read on and apply!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain Kubernetes clusters both in our own datacenter and in public cloud.
- Use configuration management and provisioning tools such as Ansible or Terraform to set up new and existing nodes.
- Provide infrastructure solutions and proof of concepts for new projects.
- Take ownership of the cloud accounts (passwords, users, configuration), helping teams to deploy their systems in cloud (AWS, DigitalOcean, etc.)
- Take care of Continuous Integration and Deployment/Delivery (CI/CD).
- Implement and maintain observability (monitoring, logging, alerting) solutions using tools like Prometheus, Grafana or the EFK-Stack (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana).
- Ensure backups of running systems are done properly and that they are always in a healthy state.
- Understand the key parts of the code of projects that run on the cluster and how they relate to the running infrastructure.
- Develop new tools or contribute to existing ones. We actively contribute to the open source ecosystem in projects such as rancher/k3d or tumblr/k8s-sidecar-injector.
What you'll definitely need:
- Relevant work experience in a distributed environment or a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or a related field.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using and managing containers.
- Good Unix knowledge.
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python, Go, Java).
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience with some of the technologies mentioned in the "What you'll do" section, in the best case with Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a large-scale environment.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.