About Your Role
As an Embedded DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for customizing and maintaining tools to support operations and improve Veniam’s monitoring capabilities. You will also be working directly in debugging and solving customer’s issues and coordinating software rollouts, to the customer production networks, with the development teams to make sure we deliver with excellence.
- Customize and maintain tools that facilitate operations and increase Veniam’s monitoring capabilities;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts;
- Debug and implement solutions to solve issues and improve customer’s experience;
- Work collaboratively with the Platform Engineering team to deploy Veniam’s software with excellence;
- Support the Platform Engineering team by identifying issues in Veniam’s platform;
- Make recommendations to the Team Manager on how to improve the quality of software development and technical support, as well as cost, benefit, and risk of said implementation.
- Good knowledge of Linux hardware and system configuration, operation and maintenance, and troubleshooting and diagnostics;
- Understanding of security best practices in Linux for permissions and authentication management;
- Solid knowledge of Unix System and scripting languages (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Basic understanding of databases (SQL/NoSQL) and cloud platforms usage and services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud);
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking;
- Experience with Git version control system;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- CompTIA Linux+ certification or proven similar skillset;
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining Linux systems;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented attitude.