The BMW Car IT GmbH lives and breathes software. As a fully-owned subsidiary of BMW AG we are a cornerstone in the company"s transition into the next 100 years where software plays a crucial role. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer for our Continuous Integration (CI) and development infrastructure.
You will be part of an international team of highly talented software engineers at our site in Ulm, Germany.
Together you will drive innovation and improvements in BMW`s software engineering practices.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
Act as interface for development, quality assurance and technology operations as well as plan, setup and enhance current CI infrastructure on system and application level.
You will manage and ensure technical operation of our CI system and also automate and improve infrastructure related processes.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study.
- Solid understanding of professional software engineering practices.
- Proven ability to maintain enterprise-scale production software.
- Familiarity with configuration management / orchestration systems (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Knowledge of heterogeneous system landscapes (e.g Linux, Windows).
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Linux & Shell Scripting or Infrastructure automation.
- Strong team and communication skills.
- Highly motivation to become acquainted with new topics and technologies.
Contact Person: Barbara Grümpel
Job ID: 121407