Join us in building a virtual bank from scratch using cloud native technologies. We're a fast-growing team solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We’re applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking.
As a DevOps engineer you'd be able to work on and solve some of the many interesting challenges we are facing in Cloud deployment, automation and data management, learn new ways of working, and build delightful high quality products for our customers.
What exciting things will you be doing?
- Collaborate closely with our development and product teams in our fast-paced delivery environment
- Build a modern, automated, cloud native, continuous delivery pipeline
- Build and manage automation tools for our squads to use
- Understanding of security and challenges working in a regulated environment
We are looking for YOU who have most of the below experience & skills:
- Knowledge of technology best practices for building a modern automated DevOps platform
- Good understanding of technologies and experience in building a highly scalable and fault tolerant system
- DevOps toolchain experience: GitHub, CircleCI, Artifactory, SonarQube et al.
- Configuration and continuous deployment tools experience – for example Spinnaker/Ansible/Chef
- Strong scripting skills – Python and Bash.
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience – AWS with HashiCorp Terraform ideally or other public clouds such as GCP or Azure
- Container management and container orchestration experience – Docker, Kubernetes.
- Monitoring tools Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog.
- Good practical knowledge with SQL/RDBMS, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Strong messaging systems knowledge, preferably Kafka, alternatively Solace/RabbitMQ/AWS Kinesis.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX and TCP/IP Subnet.
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Practical knowledge with Git flow, Trunk and GitHub flow branching strategies.
- Strong English communication skills
- A Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
Desirable - if you have the below that would be even better!
- Distributed system knowledge applicable to a microservice architecture
- Breadth of knowledge – operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud computing
- Development experience in Java/Scala/Kotlin, Python, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3.
- Familiar with data lake concepts and machine learning technologies/
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra.