What you will do
As a DevOps Engineer for Johnson Control’s Connected Converged Security solutions, the successful candidate will work in a team to deploy and maintain infrastructure to enable the development and testing of highly scalable, flexible, polyglot based micro services in a CI/CD environment.
The ideal candidate will be capable of working in a team to automate infrastructure management and service deployment in a cloud environment, preferably Azure.
The DevOps engineer will have a strong technical background including a combination of both development engineering and IT administration skillsets and will participate in the troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing of environment issues, and the monitoring solutions for daily operational activities.
The individual must be proactive and be capable of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, where skillset ranges from development to QA expertise, in defining and evolving our development processes to ensure solutions are delivered on-time, within budget and in accordance with the architectural vision and performance expectations.
Candidate must be proficient in working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
How you will do it
- Manages development infrastructure, tools and processes for highly scalable, flexible, polyglot based micro services
- Promote DevOps culture and mindset
- Delivers quality development operations planning, analysis, implementation to ensure timely release of functional, high quality products & services.
- Defines system and service configurations, installation and support strategies of system components (at both site and enterprise levels) for implementation and maintenance support.
- Develops automation and processes to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor applications in data centers and in cloud.
- Provides system troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving across platform and applications and will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Develops and provides technical documentation and training materials for Level I-2 support teams (production operations).
- Delivers on-site deployment support as needed for new customer installations.
- Works closely with development and QA teams
- Pro-actively looks for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability and operation of the solutions
- Builds and manages state-of-the-art monitoring and log analysis tools providing teams with insights into the health and performance of our servers and services
- Identifies and addresses Security requirements.
- Adheres to quality operations practices and drives continuous improvement initiatives
- Inputs into release planning activities.
What we look for
Required Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in development operations or systems administration in a 24x7 uptime environment.
- 1 year of hands on experience defining, deploying and maintaining infrastructure for the building, testing and monitoring of web and mobile applications that leverage cloud-based solutions or highly scalable multi-tenant enterprise solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef etc.
- Must have excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with docker
- Experience with orchestration tools such as rancher, swarm, kubernetes
- Experience in troubleshooting complex hardware and software issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience supporting DB’s such as MongoDB, HBase, MariaDB, ArangoDB
- Knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Experience setting up monitoring solutions for infrastructure and services (e.g. ELK, grafana, prometheus).
Preferred Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience
- Experience with Forgerock products (OpenAM, OpenDJ, Open IDM) would be ideal
- Experience with LDAP or Active Directory, preferably Azure Active Directory preferable
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.