To us, DevOps is a philosophy instead of a job position. Some see a DevOps Engineer as the developer who handles a bit of operations too, others regard their contribution as a glorified operations role. Not at funda. Here, you are the team player who tears down the walls. Here, you create unity and ensure that everything keeps on running smoothly. ‘Supportive’ is your middle name, continuous integration and continuous deployment are your sophisticated tools.
It needs the best developers to work on a high-traffic website – every day is a fresh challenge and that’s the thrill of it. Developing in the knowledge that millions of monthly visitors put their faith in you is like refuelling a jet fighter in mid-air or performing a pitstop on a Ferrari as it continues to race at 200 mph.
Your work is based on two pillars – the one is running the servers and the website, the other is supporting the developers. Senior specialists will supervise and support you in your education towards becoming a full-fledged DevOps specialist. This involves working on different projects and at different levels simultaneously, in between scrumming with the team. You are eager to get your hands on the latest technology such as Docker, as we also host our stuff in the cloud. Your Windows experience speaks for itself and you are familiar with IIS, SQL Server and configuration management (we use Ansible).
Your team consists of 6 DevOps Engineers as well as a Service Owner. You will also be part of a Core group that facilitates the work of other product teams.
You may not have worked as a DevOps Engineer for long but still you know very well how to maintain a balance between the speed of development and the stability of a production environment. You have this innate feeling about the right time to keep stakeholders and colleagues informed and come up with smart solutions for IT automation.
Apart from that, you meet the following requirements:
- HBO working and thinking level
- Preferably 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position (internship experience is sufficient too)
- Knowledge of Windows IIS and SQL servers
- Affinity with configuration management (e.g. Amazon or Azure)
- Affinity with programming is a must
- Experience with Linux is definitely an advantage
- An analytical ability and able to set priorities
- Communicative, service-oriented and problem-solving
- You know the 'agile' way of working
- You don't mind running standby services
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
This is what we offer
Funda offers you one of the most challenging jobs in your field. You’ll work in an amazing office in the heart of Amsterdam, with our own ‘funda square’ and an unobstructed view of the IJ river. You are within 2 tram stops of Amsterdam Central Station. That’s 5 minutes by bicycle or 10 minutes on foot. Whatever your pleasure.
You’ll be working with more than 120 great (international) minds, who will make you feel at home from the start. To us, it’s only logical to take good care of our talents, and therefore of you. If you come work to with us, we offer you:
- An excellent salary with an annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them).
- Flexible work hours.
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and part of your pension.
- Heavenly chair massages 6 times a year (during work hours).
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day, ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker and a snack every Friday.
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present.
- The opportunity to follow courses, congresses and classes. Because at funda, we believe that you’ve never learned enough. Also, you can get your creative juices flowing during our hackathons.
We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your résumé and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Hooray! Going to the next round? Then our Corporate Recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.
If you have passed the telephone screening, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of 2 rounds of interviews.
To case or not to case
For this vacancy a code exercise follows after a positive phone screening.