Rakuten Travel is the No.1 online travel agency in Japan, handling over 100,000 transactions per day and aiming at being the No.1 travel agency in the world.
Our development team is continuously seeking to enhance the systems' performance and scalability. We are now looking for a NoSQL database administrator to provide operations and development support in a heterogeneous NoSQL environment made up primarily of Oracle RDBMS.
If you have the skills and want to be part of a fast-growing organization, we can't wait to hear from you!
- Manage and maintain MongoDB/Redis across multiple environments;
- Design & implement sharding and indexing strategies;
- Maintain high availability while securing data consistency;
- Monitor deployments to maintain database performance and capacity planning;
- Define and implement backup strategies per data retention requirements;
- Solve production problems and participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation;
- Study the database needs of applications and optimize them using MongoDB and/or other NoSQL solutions;
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online;
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools.
- 3+ years of development experience using MongoDB and other NoSQL database concepts
- 3+ years of Java development - Web Application
- Experience in designing and implementing NoSQL solutions (esp. Mongodb 3.0.x), creating new clusters, adding and removing nodes, and capacity planning, and monitoring;
- Strong performance tuning and troubleshooting skills.
- Oracle DBA experience, including 11g/12c, Exadata, RAC, Data Guard;
- Experience with large, high volume, mission critical environments;
- Experience with scripting languages (perl/python) and/or shell scripting;
- Linux systems administration experience;
- Hands-on experience with automation, build, testing, and deployment tools such as Ansible, Chef.