Relayr is one of the fastest growing and most successful industrial internet of things (IIoT) organizations. With around 250 employees and 5 years of company history we are successfully helping companies in industrial markets to navigate disruption and stay relevant. Our unique combination of applying world-class technology, powerful financial and insurance offerings, with dedicated professional services allows us to deliver guaranteed business outcomes to customers.
Recently, through its subsidiary Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), Munich Re has acquired 100 percent of relayr, valued at US$300 million. This allows us to be a trusted long-term horizon partner to Munich Re and HSB, especially for mid-market industrial companies. Our end-to-end IoT solutions will now get access to the group's unique financial engineering, risk-management and domain expertise and allow us to design business outcome solutions not available in the market today.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated engineers and scientists that can successfully rise to the diverse challenges in the emerging market of Internet of Things. Currently we are seeking a Data Scientist to join our team and be based in our Munich office.
- Help Relayr build the world’s most advanced IoT Cloud Platform
- Develop and assist in developing internal data processing tools
- Design, prototype and refine machine learning algorithms
- Research new machine learning methods and publish papers
- Design, prototype and collaborate with the backend team in implementing large scale data processing systems for the cloud and edge
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and present results
- Prototype and iterate quickly
- Engage in architectural discussions
- Participate in customer workshops to map business goals to the set of products we are developing
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the analytics field
- Significant experience with machine learning techniques, ideally supervised learning and anomaly detection
- Significant experience with Deep Learning
- Good experience with Python and Java, C++ and Apache Spark are a bonus
- Comfortable with database systems and distributed processing
- Ability to explain data science concepts and requirements to non-technical audiences
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences
- Cool office located in Central Tower in Munich
- Free German courses at beginner, intermediate and advanced level (working language is English)
- Competitive salary
- A chance to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sound like you? Please apply here: