About the Job.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join us. As a Data Scientist at Gimbal, you will be a key member of a growing team focused on the execution, analytics, and measurement of innovative mobile advertising campaigns along with location data that drive results for our clients. Our data platform is built on Druid, Redshift, and other modern database technologies and we use Tableau, Pivot, and Periscope to visualize and analyze the data.
Who you are:
- A proactive problem solver - you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
- A universal communicator - you are able to explain the most technical data to the least technical people without any confusion
- A detailed-oriented thinker - you create structure out of chaos, but never lose the trees in the forest
- A builder - you are passionate about taking automation into process and procedure
What you will be doing:
- Analyzing big datasets with statistical modeling and regression analysis to provide business insights and drive efficient business processes
- Building reporting visualization templates and dashboards utilizing business intelligence software including Tableau and Periscope
- Supporting new products and features by creating proof of concepts (POC) and evaluating impact and value
- Collaborating cross-departmentally with Sales, AdOps, Engineering, and Product to deliver on key projects
- Understanding high-level business goals of the company and its customers, and translating them into actionable and impactful reporting and analytics to support our data-driven approach
What you have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in a data-based role at a high-growth technology startup
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject (Statistics, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Computer Science); Master’s degree a plus
- Experience building visualizations with tools such as Tableau
- Experience working with modern database models (Druid, Redshift, etc.)
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language for data analysis (R, Python)
- Proficiency in SQL, with Google BigQuery experience a plus
- Professional background in statistical concepts; machine learning a plus
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office