Your main role will be to keep track of all the data that enters our pipeline, and carry out the annotation and cataloguing of data. You will ensure the integrity of the structure throughout the pipeline. Ultimately, you will be enabling GeoPhy to become more sophisticated in its approach to managing large amounts of data sources.
What you'll be responsible for
- Finding relevant datasources, negotiate acquisition, and annotate and catalogue data
- Making recommendations for additional data acquisition needed based on extensive knowledge of GeoPhy data
- Discovering the structure needed to make GeoPhy handle large data sets
- Organising and managing company's data, documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Partnering up with several cross-functional team members (DBA’s, ETL, BI) to identify new opportunities, bottlenecks, and efficiency issues
What we're looking for
- Deep understanding of data cataloguing and demonstrable experience in managing data
- Experience with data acquisition
- Problem solving mentality, leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Full working proficiency in English
- Highly organised, at least a semi-perfectionist
Bonus points for the following
- University degree with a background in library science, information management systems, or a similar technical field
- Previous startup experience
- An understanding of geospatial data
- Additional language(s)
What we give you
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organisation.
- We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- GeoPhy is a family friendly company. We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world