Job Description:Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms. We are truly international with engineering teams in 12 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
Delivery Hero Tech has played an instrumental role in the large growth of our company.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
What’s on the menu?
- Develop and maintain internal tools used by the department.
- Design, implement and maintain a business-facing data warehouse that will support our company's commitment to analytics and a data-driven business philosophy.
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for batch and near-real-time data as well as analytical / machine learning workflows.
- ETL and data sync processes for cleaning and structuring data.
- Extracting data from various 3rd party tools and APIs.
- Communicate with different teams regarding coding consistency and data availability.
- Write documentation for your scripts as well as for internal knowledge sharing.
- Proactively make suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the performance of our data platform.
What do you bring to the table?
- 1+ years data engineering.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, economics, engineering.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.Experience with distributed job schedulers (preferably Airflow).
- Very good knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably Python or Java).
- Experience with database administration.
- Very good English communication skills.
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Get to know your colleagues during company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Take a break with Kicker or table tennis.
- Take a timeout in our nap room.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages or get your hair cut in the office.
Are you the missing ingredient? Send us your CV!
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.