Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms. We are truly international with engineering teams in 12 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
Delivery Hero Tech has played an instrumental role in the large growth of our company.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
We are looking for a Data Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Marketing Tech team to attract new customers and create a personalised experience for our existing customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
What’s on the menu?
You will integrate the Marketing Tech Team with the following responsibilities:
- Create data pipelines in a mixed environment with VMs and Cloud services (AWS and GCP).
- Implement secure and scalable API endpoints to make available the computed data.
- Proactively improve our infrastructure, suggesting, trying and adopting new tools.
- Embrace development best practices. Ensure code quality by coaching junior colleagues.
- Share your work and knowledge at many levels (team, company, meetups for the public).
- All this with the goal to increase the marketing efficiency with automated decisions and reporting.
- Our Tech Stack: python3 (+ data packages, e.g. pandas), SQL, AWS and Google Cloud services.
What do you bring to the table?
- 3+ years of experience in software development, at least 1 of them in data engineering.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Very good knowledge of the Python language and data packages. Ideally experience with Java or Scala as well.
- Experience building APIs and deploying them in the cloud.
- Good knowledge of SQL for data transformation and aggregation. Knowledge of how relational databases work and how to get a good performance from them.
- Experience with the data solutions of at least one Cloud provider (AWS or GCP).
- Experience with job schedulers (preferably Airflow).
- Good knowledge of Linux platforms and and the command line.
- Used to work with established development practises (testing, containerised environments, CI/CD).
- Great communication skills to explain complex and technical topics to the team and summarise them for the non-tech stakeholders.
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Get to know your colleagues during company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Take a break with Kicker or table tennis.
- Take a timeout in our nap room.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages or get your hair cut in the office.
Are you the missing ingredient? Send us your CV!
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.