As Vodafone continues to evolve, our dedication to innovation has never been greater. Already the world's leading mobile telecommunications company, our goal is to pioneer a world of digital solutions and smart services. At Vodafone, we don’t just produce creative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re building it ourselves. It’s at our core to push forward, to build a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.
About the role
Our Big Data & Advanced Analytics team is a key enabler to transforming Vodafone into a data-driven, customer centric, digital company. The Data Engineer is a key role in our Big Data team, who owns the development, tests and maintenance of large scale processing systems based on Big Data (Hadoop related technologies) and aimed to provide insights to business critical decisions. This is a very hands-on role, shifting data, data modelling and data transformation.
- Oversee and manage the creation, maintenance and deployment of the re-usable assets in the appropriate Big Data technology
- Explore opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop reliable data ingestion and preparation processes
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to properly integrate heterogeneous systems
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
Key competencies, knowledge and experience
- Hands-on expertise with multiple Big Data technologies (mastery level with at least one tool)
- Recognized expert in the appropriate Big Data technology with a significant track record of delivery solutions in that technology
- Languages and tools: Hadoop / Cloudera / Scala / Python / Spark / Kafka
- Computer Science/Informatics degree
- Able to communicate and influence effectively across a range of stakeholders
- Fluent in Italian and English
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us. Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love. And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.