Are you an engineer with a passion for data and data pipelines? Are you a great collaborator and communicator, working across teams to solve complex problems? If so, we should talk. Our Marketplace team is looking for an innovative yet detail-oriented individual to set up, maintain, improve and optimise our daily production of data. In this role, you will work closely with both Data Scientists and other Data Engineers to continuously enhance our data-driven decision making. You have the option to start immediately in our brand new Düsseldorf Campus.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and optimise data pipelines to produce clean and unified data from multiple data sources.
- Research technologies and build software to support the work of Data Scientists and other team members in their daily work.
- Act as an intermediary between Data Scientists and other Data Engineers: you will need to "translate" the technical and business jargon, and find new solutions for data processing challenges.
What you will definitely need:
- Good SQL skills. You are able to optimise queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and carefully thinking about data partitioning and compression.
- Experience with at least one other programming language in a data related context (e.g Python, Java). You can read, understand and improve other people's code.
- A highly analytical brain. You are able to experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way.
- Speak fluent English (our company language).
What we would love you to have:
- Around 1-2 years work experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence, Software Engineering/Web Development or another, role-relevant field.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with Hadoop stack (Oozie, Yarn, Hive, Impala, Spark).
- Familiarity with version control systems (particularly with Git).
- Familiarity with test driven software development.
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals
- rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language
- classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops,
- seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook - @lifeattrivago
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.