WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You’ll build the data pipelines that hook into the betting markets dynamics and go through granular sports data, and build the tooling to help others gain the insights they need
- Using Postgres, Mysql, Apache Spark, Amazon EMR and noSQLs to store and test data
- Collaborating with data scientists and engineers across Mercurius to build a clean dataset easy to query
- Working on improving the collection, processing, storage and dissemination of our data across the company, scientist, business intelligence, production products
You are a bright data engineer with a passion for creating reliable data pipeline infrastructure.
You are passionate about data engineering and have proven experience in it.
- Bachelor (Master preferred) in Computer Science or Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar STEM subject
- Great software engineering skills and proven track record (2+ years experience) in building automated, scalable data processing systems
- You have a good understanding of database technologies and you know the practical and theoretical difficulties of building software on top of distributed systems, BASE vs ACID dbs
- Knowledge with batch and semi-online building blocks like MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL, bash scripts
- Proficency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Confidence with Version Control Systems
- Excellent attention to detail and team player
- Knowledge of statistics, data science, machine learning or scientific computing
- Interest in sports betting or trading
- Experience in managing financial time series
The offer will be tuned based on candidate proven skills