The SIGNAL IDUNA Group has been one of the top service insurers in Germany for many years. After the implementation of the new IT strategy in the last 2 years, Signal Iduna's IT is in an exciting phase. The foundations and structures for the next level of digitization have been laid and are now being consistently implemented in the development of modern services with state-of-the-art technologies. A 'Data Analytics Expert Team' is being set up within the IT department 'Business Intelligence' to deal with the strategic topic of data management/big data and analysis.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for the next possible date a
Data Engineer Analytics / Business Intelligence (m/f/d)
As a member of the expert team, you will create the basis for modern data management and big data analyses and accompany strategic projects. You will build prototypes and develop the corresponding platforms, tools and infrastructure for data science (setting up an analytical data lake) in the company. You will have plenty of space to analyze new technologies/frameworks and experiment with them (early adopting).
Your main tasks include:
- Regular market observation and analysis regarding new technologies, concepts and solutions in the context of data management and analysis.
- Conception and implementation of prototypes with state-of-the-art technologies and their application for selected use cases
- Accompanying strategic Business Intelligence/Big Data projects from the technical side and setting up the associated demand-oriented analysis tools and platforms
- Conception of new platforms, tools and infrastructure for Data Analytics & Science in the entire company (including experience from market observation and prototyping)
We are looking for an experimental and conceptual data engineer with a strong will to design and the following background:
- Completed studies with IT orientation or comparable training
- Practical experience in the application and use of modern Big Data/Data Analytics technologies and tools such as Hadoop or Spark
- Good basics in programming with Python and R are desirable
- Interest in research and market observation in the technology environment
- Experience with agile methods (e.g. fast prototyping, MVP) would be ideal
- Good command of English