As a Data and Backup Manager, you will inspect incoming data, manage data flow, assign ownership, ensuring quality and proper backups & recovery. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in an established, growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international service team.
This full-time position is located at our headquarter office in Basel, Switzerland.
- Classification of data, e.g. customer, finance, public, etc.
- Inspecting incoming (customer) data; align & assign to BU
- Create and maintain data inventory – which data is where, who is the owner, why and for how long
- Maintain data SOP
- Ensure quality of data
- Data overview incl. access rights
Backup management incl. disaster recovery
- Managing backups of Clients, Server, Storage, VMs, etc. incl. disaster recovery (File-level backups, VM snapshot backups)
- Monitor and troubleshoot backups and restores, check logs for errors and make corrections to improve efficiency
- Backup policy configuration
- Capacity planning
- Perform restore tests
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Managing disk storage requirements incl. analysis and overview
- Basic knowledge of different operating systems including Windows and Linux, and the ability to understand, setup, configure and maintain various backup concepts and recovery components on those operating systems
- Experience in the use of Windows and Linux software install and configurations
- Scripting proficiency in Bash, Python
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of networking protocols used between operating systems
- Knowledge of backup software and backup procedures incl preparation of reports
- Capacity planning for backup appliances and storage devices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit us your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.