At a Glance:
Due to a propelling growth in our direct to consumer business, we are looking for a Data Scientist to shape the next growth phase of On’s online business. You will work in a cross-functional growth team together with a growth master, digital designer and software engineers to build and hack new digital products for elevated growth.
With experience in handling big data sets, you will contribute with a data-driven decision making culture, turn your insights into growth initiatives and build data products for increased performance. You will be sitting in our brand-new technology hub in Berlin, Kreuzberg, and join our first Berlin-based growth team. A close collaboration with our digital team in Zürich HQ (Switzerland) as well as local teams in Portland (USA) and Yokohama (Japan).
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. This team of interdisciplinary all-stars are used to rapid turnaround times and ambitious targets. From engineers to designers, data scientists and digital marketing specialists, this is the team responsible for creating winning digital products and campaigns that run the length of the purchase funnel. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed – what else?
- Apply your knowledge of data mining to understand runners who run and wear On. Further, improve and usage of On’s customer segmentation.
- Focus on applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high-quality prediction systems for the launch of digital products like a shoe trial engine and loyalty program.
- Extending On’s data with relevant data sets when needed. Be able to process, clean and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Presenting and visualizing results in clear and easily understandable manner.
- Create automated and ongoing tracking of key metrics and digital product’s performance. Know the core issues across the entire user journey and propose what to build and prioritized in next roadmap.
- Design and monitor data experiments with A/B testing.
- Work cross-functional with growth master, engineers, designer and digital marketers to solve problems and identify opportunities.
- A degree in an analytical subject, e.g. data science, engineering, economics, business, statistics, mathematics or related fields.
- +2 years of hands-on experience in a relevant field of data science, preferably in direct to consumer business, having analyzed customer journeys and build data products for customer and revenue growth.
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python/R
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Experience with Big Query is a bonus
- Highly motivated, capable of working in a self-driven, entrepreneurial environment. Excellent problem solver enjoying coming up with creative solutions in a fast-paced agile environment finding the sweet spot between speed and quality.
- Up-to-date with new digital trends and upgrades
- Fluent in English. German is an advantage