WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for several Data Analyst’s to join our Data & Analytics team. As a person you get excited about the possibilities of data and its value for business. You embrace to work with an agile approach and you are open minded when it comes to change. You appreciate the mix of both strategic thinking and turning data into insights. Sharing and living the IKEA culture and values comes naturally to you.
You have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role and/or experience from the interplay between data, analytics, business development, and strategy.
In addition, you have a formal education within a quantitative field (computer science, economics, mathematics, physics or equivalent)
You have a passion in most of the following areas:
• Dealing with real-life data: understanding of cleaning data and how to deal with imperfections in data, including defining corrective actions to improve quality if needed. Prior knowledge of SQL, programming (ideally python) and
visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) will be a requirement;
• Strategic thinking: ensuring that analytics are applied to the right challenges and anchored in the business strategy. Experience with navigating strategic landscapes at large companies is a plus;
• Data-driven business development: supporting stakeholders in setting up business models that benefits from and contribute to a data-driven strategy. Change management experience will be an advantage;
• Storytelling with data: creating compelling stories based on analytics to help stakeholders understand and act on insights
• Agile ways of working: delivering analytics work with an agile approach;
• Awareness of IKEAs culture and values: embracing the core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people.
We believe you have a curious nature with the ability to acquire new knowledge and skills. As a team member you collaborate well with others to achieve goals and have a clear understanding regarding the role of technology as an integrated part of the business.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
Your role will be a Data Analyst with a flair for business development and strategic thinking. While joining a larger group of analysts in Data Analysis Chapter, this role in particular will be assigned to projects that focus on the Strategy of IKEA. In these projects you will help IKEA become increasingly data-driven, and you will influence how analytics can shape IKEA’s future business. In addition, you will work hands on with data handling, analytics and visualizations in tools such as BigQuery, Python, Google Analytics and Tableau (or similar).
• Be assigned to strategic projects within INGKA Group, steering the company towards data-driven solutions;
• Work closely together with other data analysts and across functions to produce specific analytics deliveries (e.g., data-driven insights, self-service dashboard, business presentations);
• Support data driven decisions on product and strategy by visualization of data and enable change through deep understanding of the business drivers that make the product successful;
• Provide insights to business stakeholders using "state-of-the-art" solutions in data analysis, specifically tools like BigQuery, Tableau, and PowerBI;
• Build a deep understanding of your functional areas (i.e., strategy, business development, analytics);
• Apply strong written and verbal communication skills in storytelling, supported by visualization of data
In this role you will report to the Data Analysis Chapter Lead.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
DATA & ANALYTICS - We enable effective, data-driven decision making across IKEA and enable product teams to build inspiring, convenient and personalized experiences and solutions. In other words, we are working to make IKEA a more data-driven company. We work in teams comprised of Product Area specialists as well as Chapter members and we collaborate with and learn from other team members. In the Data Analysis Chapter, we spend a significant share of time improving and learning new skills. We work with modern open source tools, deployed on the Google Cloud Platform, and embrace agile ways of working. Our team members use Macs or Windows based on their preference. We believe that our work is not just about producing output that drives business value, but also about learning and having fun with your colleagues.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA Group Digital and why you would be a good fit for this assignment.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location for this position will be Malmö Hyllie, easily reachable from both Malmö C and Copenhagen.