About the position
We are looking for a junior backend developer to join our development team. You will work alongside existing backend developers to build robust backend systems for genomics data analysis. Your input will help shape how data is analyzed in our systems, and as such will have an impact on the implementation of precision medicine at the national level. On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved in the design and implementation of our backend systems, participate in code reviews, and interact with various internal stakeholders ranging from healthcare professionals to HPC system administrators.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- a degree in Computer Science or a related technical or scientific discipline
- relevant experience, perhaps from a job as student assistant
- experience developing Python 3 applications
- knowledge of relational database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- familiarity with UNIX/Linux systems
- experience using Docker
- experience using Git
- a strong analytical mindset.