Are you ready to join the fight against cancer and improve the lives of millions?
Talk to our clinical customers in the field and find ways to automate our product deployments on their sites?
Travel with us to trade shows and customer sites?
Join the Optellum team and help us shape the cancer care of tomorrow!
Automation Software Engineer (AI & Clinical Decision Support Software)
• Help bring to market AI solutions that will improve cancer care in thousands of hospitals.
• Deploy and configure product releases to cloud and partner sites.
• Support on-site product deployments & demos at hospitals, trade-shows & conferences
• Automate our production infrastructure.
We are looking for people who:
• Are strong communicators who positively influence a small, highly productive team.
• Are passionate, have initiative and produce high quality work.
• Have strong problem solving & analytical skills, while being at ease handling multiple responsibilities at once.
Required, you must have:
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Interest in hospital workflows and infrastructure. You always wanted to look under the lid of hospital IT and meet the people who manage it.
• Good working knowledge of one programming language (Python, Scala, Java or JS).
• Proven ability to deploy web-based software on remote servers or the Cloud using Docker or similar.
• Working knowledge of the core AWS or Google Cloud services.
• Skills to carry out and script elementary Linux sysadmin tasks (bash, networking)
• Ability to travel up to 25% to trade shows, conferences and customer sites to support on-site deployments and demos in hospitals.
Desirable, one or more of these would be a definite plus:
• Passion for biomedical topics
• Previous collaborative software development experience (in industry, startup or open-source projects).
• Experience from a startup or a fast-growing company
• Prior experience and interest to learn more about clinical healthcare IT standards (e.g. DICOM, HL7, FIHR)
• Prior experience and interest to learn more about cyber-security, especially as applied to hospital and patient information.
• Love of strongly-typed languages.
What we offer:
• Fast growth, ownership & high impact as one of first employees.
• Work with serial entrepreneurs & AI experts from the University of Oxford, and globally leading clinicians - authors of medical guidelines.
• Professional development opportunities in clinical & software engineering.
• Competitive salary and benefits, including possibility of significant equity.
• Flexible working hours from the outset. Working location may be negotiable in the future.
• Great location in Oxford’s historical center: just 5 min walk to train station, 1h to central London.
• Work permit sponsorship to the most exceptional candidates.