Imagination Technologies are hiring for a Customer Engineer opportunity within our PowerVR Hardware team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-profile role in the company. You’ll make a fundamental contribution to millions of product deployments from the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers with Imagination-specific technology.
The team you'll be working in are responsible for all aspects of delivering and supporting Imagination’s IP products to our semiconductor and software partners. The key goal is to ensure customer success in achieving a strong end-product reaching the consumer market as fast as possible, enabling the transition from a license deal to royalty revenues. This could be minimal, such as referring them to technical documentation, or working with our engineers to ensure debugging issues are resolved.
The role also allows you to be part of the overall process and lifecycle of how leading-edge system-on-a-chip (SOC) products are designed, put into production and maintained with our customers. If you want to zoom out of the detail and focus on the bigger picture when it comes to customer experience, then this is the ideal career change for you!
The best part about this position is that no two days are the same. You’re always going to be organising new priorities with customers, researching problems of which you have limited knowledge and interacting with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You’ll be passionate about making sure our customers receive the pinnacle of experience they expect in a quick but effective turnaround time.
- Actively monitor and report on the IP integration activity of the customer
- Provide proactive support for our IP products
- Collate and act on customer feedback
- Develop expertise to provide IP-level as well as system-level debug support for customer issues
- Provide formal training to internal and external customers and co-ordinate the teams to solve highly technical customer issues
- Be a part of improving our future IP developments by playing an active role in applying customer experience back into the development cycle
Abilities make possibilities
With a positive, can-do attitude, you pride yourself on great customer service, pro-actively and tenaciously striving for the best solution. You have an organised and focused approach to work. Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you are an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You are curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- The ability to clearly communicate technical subjects in both written and verbal form
- The ability to see the bigger picture when dealing with detailed problems
- Understanding in hardware debug and design techniques using Hardware Description Languages
- An understanding of RTL simulation and synthesis tools such as Cadence, Synopsys, Xilinx or similar
You might also have
- Experience working as part of a technical support team
- Experience of delivering training/presentations