Job Description:At BMW Car IT, we live software. As a 100%-owned subsidiary of the BMW Group were at the cutting edge, shaping tomorrows mobility through our work in areas like autonomous driving. But it takes passion, big-picture expertise and agility to ensure that ever-bigger and more complex software projects are realised in the most dynamic way. And thats where you come in. To make sure we can continue to make a difference in this future-defining field, our team is currently looking for a
Continuous Integration Engineer for autonomous driving (m/f).
Your role will be to design an uncompromising Continuous Integration System within our development environment, which enables agile project build and integration processes. In order to deal with the growing complexity of ever-bigger development projects, you will use your knowledge of the latest virtualisation, parallelisation and caching strategies to design new functionalities for building, testing and integrating new software in the shortest and most agile way. Working as part of our closely-knit team, you will also take responsibility for implementing the build and integration processes for new projects and ensure they conform to relevant safety standards.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification in a related subject.
- A proven track record in software development and engineering using tools such as GIT or Perforce.
- In-depth experience of designing and implementing Python-based software systems.
- Expertise in software build and CI processes, including: CI systems like Zuul, Jenkins or Travis CI, build tools like CMake, dependency management (e.g. Maven or Conan) plus caching of build artefacts.
- Experience of microservice and Cloud-based environments with Docker, OpenShift and OpenStack (or similar), plus knowledge of Ansible (or similar).
- Very good understanding of Linux.
- Familiarity with ISO 26262 and ASIL safety standards, and preferably, their corresponding development processes.
- Very good English and ideally some German.