We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
What You Will Do
- Learn about music industry and its value chain and how we try to make the music world a better place.
- Deal with one of the biggest music database in the world: the most precious treasure of BMAT.
- Give technical support to Customer Relations and Product teams to solve content-related issues and customer requests.
- Independently find the optimal solutions to handle music metadata and retrieve the required views.
- Take care of the incidences derived from the automated ingestion of musical content and metadata into BMAT's content databases.
- Maintain coherence and integrity of BMAT's content databases.
- Have fun in our Friday Beer meetings, Off-Topic Workshops (as Scratching or Indian Cooking) and Music Jams.
- Expand your horizon and meet people from all around the world.
All About You
- Have basic experience in database operation (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Have basic experience in scripting and object-oriented programming (Python, Shell)
- Have basic knowledge of XML, XSD, MS Excel and Linux OS
- Are eager to learn and to find creative solutions for a wide variety of requests
- Have passion for music and technology
- Are able to work in a multi-cultural team (we write documentation and code in English and a lot of our clients and colleagues only speak English!)
- Are graduated in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar
- Have some knowledge about indexing technologies: Lucene, ElasticSearch
- Multithreading programming, distributed computing… would be awesome
- You play a musical instrument
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Flat hierarchy
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruits
- English, Spanish, French and Catalan classes
- Wide range of online and onsite courses
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools
- Free beers and snacks on Friday afternoon’s Jam sessions
- Becoming part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry