Welcome to DLR!
Around 170 scientists - engineers, psychologists and computer scientists - work at the Institute of Transportation Systems in Braunschweig and Berlin. They carry out research and development for automotive and railway systems and for traffic management. Join us in shaping the future of connected mobility in traffic 5.0 by helping to master the complexity of traffic systems and their increasing interconnection. As a result of increasing digitalization, new and fully integrated traffic systems and system networks are emerging between infrastructure, vehicle and passenger, which up to now have operated in isolation and independently of each other. The DLR is working to close this gap, to make traffic better and, above all, safer. To achieve this, efficient methods and considerations of technical systems at a higher level of abstraction are required.
The main objectives of you mission are:
- evaluation of existing technical reference architectures for traffic (e.g. IP-KOM-ÖV, AutoSARAdaptive, etc.)
- scientific examination of methods relevant to architecture such as system modelling, architecture evaluation and the determination of migration paths (architecture refactoring)
- investigation of possible evaluation metrics for software / system architectures for their qualitative assessment (e.g. SAAM, ATAM, ALMA)
Depending on inclination and interest, local public transport, rail, automotive and urban traffic management can be utilized as transport applications. For your research, the DLR has an integrated tool chain with numerous laboratories, (connectable) simulators, automated test vehicles and research infrastructure in the field, such as the Intelligent Mobility (AIM) application platform or the Lower Saxony test field. To achieve your goals, you will work in an interdisciplinary team with computer scientists and engineers. We offer you a stimulating research environment, space for your own ideas and international visibility. You have the opportunity to do your doctorate.
- University degree (diploma/master) in computer science, data sciences, mathematics or equivalent
- extended knowledge of object-oriented software development e.g. through a successful reference project
- advanced knowledge of software modeling (e.g. UML, SysML or similar) and the design of large systems
- basic knowledge of modeling and visualization tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect, MS Visio, UML tools)
- experience in the field of traffic applications / domain knowledge from the automotive, railway, public transport or traffic management sectors is an advantage
- understanding of complex interrelationships and analytical procedures is desirable
- good self-organization and motivation, as well as passion for innovative research, scientific and systematic working methods, motivation and willingness to perform is a plus
- good knowledge of English for participation in international (Europe) research projects, as well as willingness to travel is a plus
- enthusiasm for working with systems and system concepts at higher levels of abstraction is an advantage
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (m/f/non-binary). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.