The DLR Maritime Security Technologies Department develops solutions for a wide range of technological problems; this forms an essential part of the implementation and testing of innovative system concepts for the protection of maritime infrastructures. Our work includes the development and demonstration of novel instruments and system functions capable of measuring, evaluating and visualising the protection status of maritime infrastructures in real time and, as far as possible, automatically.
Together with other scientists, you will contribute to the realisation of these new technologies. A varied field of activity awaits you, in which the focus is on the development of optical and hydroacoustic remote sensing methods for the maritime environment. In particular, you will focus on the conception and implementation of algorithms for image data processing which will make use of raw data to generate complex and detailed three-dimensional environmental models. You will also take an active role in the testing, analysis and further development of remote sensing systems.
Your main tasks will be:
- development of algorithms and software for image data processing, fusion and analysis
- photogrammetric processing of image data for the creation of complex, three-dimensional environmental models
- application and extension of methods from optical to hydroacoustic sensor systems
- implementation and testing of your solutions in simulation and laboratory environments
- planning, implementation and analysis of experiments
- independent work and the coordination of (sub)projects
- completed scientific university degree (diploma /masters) in computer science, electrical engineering or similar
- extensive programming knowledge, ideally from application software to hardware-related programming
- knowledge in image data processing, photogrammetry, image data fusion, computer vision (or comparable)
- experience in GPU programming and/or HDL programming
- excellent communication skills
- proficiency of the English language, both spoken and written
- experience in the field of optical proximity, remote sensing or comparable is an advantage
- experience in laboratory activities is desirable
- knowledge of Linux is an advantage
- experience in the implementation of project work is an asset
- experience in the publication of research results is a plus
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development.Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives.Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (m/f/non-binary).Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.