The CloudOps Engineer will help architect, deploy and operate our cloud application infrastructure with a heavy focus on Amazon Web Services (AWS). In this role you will have a big impact on driving the performance, resiliency, monitoring, scaling and security of our platform and will also play a role in integrating our infrastructure with others as a result of recent M&A activity. You will utilize both your engineering and systems administration skills in this position to build automation and tooling that helps us manage our growing footprint of cloud-based web applications. You will also play a part in research and development of the latest offerings from AWS.
- Build fully automated enterprise VPCs in Amazon
- Develop, configure and install tools to enhance the software development lifecycle
- Manage our deployment & configuration across production, staging, and test clouds
- Create repeatable, reliable processes for software deployment
- Perform ad hoc queries on production data and implement cloud-based datastore technologies
- Work with engineers on building internal tools for automation, analysis, and data visualization
- Ensure test systems properly emulate production systems
- Monitor application performance with predefined tools or create new tools as needed.
- Manage tools for static code analysis and automated testing through continuous integration.
- Enable continuous improvement of our tools and processes
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions
- Research production problems and finding root causes in order to facilitate repairs by developers
- Work with security audit firms to ensure best practices and penetration/scanning tests are conducted regularly
- Manage software releases as needed.
- Take ownership of the process and problems and see them through to satisfactory resolutions.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong background in AWS enterprise, configuration, and deployment including VPC, EC2, S3, Route53, and scalable infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Linux systems
- Strong understanding of infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Strong knowledge of CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Experience with container-based applications and tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of a programming/scripting language (e,g, Golang, Python, node.js)
- Understanding of software development best practices (tests, version control)
- Fluent at using Git
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience