During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Advanced Cloud DevOps Engineer
New Team, new Location, new Domain, real challenges are you ready?
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Mentor (a Siemens Business) have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moores Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. For this reason our customers are moving our products from their on-premise server farms into the Cloud. We are collaborating with the Cloud infrastructure vendors and HPC tooling vendors to adapt their offerings to our products as we design cloud based applications that will manage these dynamic cloud architectures, extend our cloud enabled offering and create new cloud native applications for the IC design space.
This is an outstanding opportunity to research, architect and automate customer and internally led environments in public, private and hybrid clouds.
We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Ensuring our environments and applications are primed for performance and scale
- Designing and implementing automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of our customers, the development teams and SaaS applications
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moores Law
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be agile in demeanor and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude, able to maintain efficiency when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or work environment coupled with strong communication skill
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for both Customer managed and internally managed cloud environments containing customer IP Automates, automates, automates.
- Working closely with and across internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development life-cycle.
- Analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test and deployment for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Facilitate multi-cloud resource orchestration from the Siemens PaaS.
- Design and implement automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of development teams.
- Design, develop and document automated cloud based continuous integration architecture and maintain a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
- Managing a service critical codebase with version control using Git.
- Applying monitoring techniques for early problem detection and reporting.
- Work in a scrum team with fellow Engineers to develop dynamically controlled infrastructure
- Partner with the wider organisation to understand, socialise and support their internal cloud infrastructure development needs
- Performance comparison testing of the latest cloud servers with our software
- Build and maintain dashboards for the various KPIs.
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Sound experience implementing and administering dependency management and static code analysis platforms like Nexus and SonarQube.
- Experience in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of Cloud and Application Security.
- Proven experience in Container orchestration.
- Understanding of the Architectures, Consles, API and CLIs of Azure, AWS and or Google IPaaS.
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure as Code and associated scripting technologies
- Understanding of the monitoring, logging and management needs of a running SaaS application
We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time