The rebirth of TV puts software front and center. At Appear TV we build the technology that allows anyone to receive content on any screen anywhere in the world. A technology that adapts in real-time providing optimal video quality based on available bandwidth. We need skilled C++ developers to join our headquarters in Oslo, Norway. You will be part of a lean product team and take on specific projects, where the cycle from initiation to release is short.
Who are you?
- You thrive in small agile teams, and aspire to be the team lead
- You master the art of C++ programming on Linux Servers
- You get a kick out of optimizing for the latest Intel x86 technology
- You're an artist when it comes to efficient designs
- You're self sustained and curious about new technologies
- You have a Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What you will do in Appear TV
On the First Day, you'll meet the agile team that is responsible for the video streaming product. The tech lead will introduce you to the code base, and the product owner will provide you with a rundown of the overall product portfolio you'll be working on, its market application and business feasibility, as well as ongoing and upcoming releases. Our policy is dive-in, headfirst from Day One..
During the First Month, you will participate in the first product sprints. Your contribution to the project will directly affect important features that will be demonstrated to key customers shortly after.
Upon finishing the First Year, you're established as a core team member. Clocking in the first 365, you've made a direct impact on the Appear TV video streamer, and become an integral part of a team that is shaping the future of Internet TV.