This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced programmer to take an active role in delivering a variety of world-class wired- and wireless- vehicle connectivity solutions to a significant number of automotive manufacturers, equipment suppliers and mobile phone vendors.
As part of a dynamic, fast-paced team, you’ll help create screen mirroring, remote access, telematics and other vehicle communications technologies on embedded and mobile platforms.
We adopt an agile, process-light approach to development within a consultative, collaborative and technically strong team. We use Test Driven Development, continuous integration, opt-in peer review and as much automation as we can muster.
The work is interesting and technically challenging and with a varied pipeline of innovative projects and a growth mindset you will be able to take on new skills and develop your career at an accelerated pace.
- have extensive experience of developing C++ software for Linux or Android
- have a strong understanding of OS internals, including system architectures, kernel mechanisms, Inter-Process/Thread Communications and synchronisation
- are experienced in debugging and analysis of networking and multithreaded applications
- have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- are highly self-motivated, with a positive attitude and enjoy working in a team
- are degree educated from a top tier university in Computer Science or similar
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Linux toolchains and Android build-systems
- Java and JNI, especially on Android (ideally with NDK experience)
- protocol design, compression or security
- creating and maintaining development toolkits, pluggable components and reference applications
- developing cross-platform solutions
- iOS development, particularly in Objective-C
- scripting in bash or Python
- performance optimisation
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.