Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Software Developer – Warrington
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
We’re seeking talented Developers to support the development and deployment of a greenfield project where you’ll be responsible for creating a platform to improve the efficiency of IT services across various UL divisions.
You will be responsible for analysing, developing and modifying complex software programs and assisting business leaders in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs and impact on business processes and goals.
- Performs analysis of system requirements, preparation of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting. Implements complex requirements for multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications.
- Performs detailed code reviews as required.
- Maintains, updates and improves our development and testing environments and systems.
- Resolves problems by devising or modifying procedures. Considers equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
- Monitors progress of software based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Extensive experience in software engineering with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software and SaaS applications
- Solid experience in multiple software development lifecycle phases, including scope and proposal, analysis, design, and software construction.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically .Net; C#; asp.net; SQL
- Experience working with Cloud services platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Hands-on experience with APIs, Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Comfortable working with Agile / Scrum methodologies and demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practice
- Strong background working in a highly scalable API environment
What we can offer you:
- An international, innovative and dynamic work environment
- Personal development: a large range of training which enables you to develop your technical and soft skills
- Not to mention our work-life balance environment and flexible / remote working policies
You’ve learned about us - now we would like to learn about you. If you like what you have read, please make an application and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch.