At Green Man Gaming, engineering is at the heart of everything we do. We invest heavily in technology and have always done so from our humble beginnings in 2009. Our founders Paul Sulyok and Lee Peckham saw a gap in the market for a digital platform that allowed gamers to buy and trade-in their video games in one place. They built the platform, patented the technology and launched the product to the world making just £50,000 in its first year. Today, we’re a multi-million pound eCommerce business working directly with over 700 game publishers and offering customers in over 195 countries a multi-platform catalogue of 9,000 games.
We’re an award-winning eCommerce site and our fast growth brings with it some exciting challenges. Even simple operations in the engineering team can sometimes become challenges at scale as we’re constantly dealing with steep traffic spikes. Our code is service driven with services such as customer sign in, key distribution and community data which all need to talk to our front end website - our store and community platform.
We’ve got an unhealthy obsession with bringing the magic of games to everyone. Our mission is to become the global gaming destination of choice by creating the portal to a million magical worlds. If you want to play an important part in helping us achieve our goals at such an exciting time for the business then, come join us - what are you waiting for? Apply now.
What we need for this role (although we can help you learn):
If you don’t have all the skills below, don’t worry, we can help you learn them in-house
- Strong C#, MVC experience
- GIT experience (It’s kind of a given nowadays)
- Knowledge of how to unit test own code and dependency injection.
- Episerver experience or CMS experience (we can teach you all about Episerver if needed)
- An professional that develops efficient and quality code.
- A problem solver who likes challenges - we have lots of tricky challenges to solve.
Our offer to you
- A structured and supportive environment. We try to ensure you work on one thing at a time and are not pulled constantly between tasks. Work is planned a quarter in advance.
- Environment that encourages code quality. All PR's get reviewed by two other engineers and you will be reviewing other engineers code.
- Staff Benefits. Subsidised Gym membership, pension scheme, bicycle scheme and lots more..
- A fully-stocked beer + soft drinks fridge. The fridge opens at 5pm every day so can help yourself to a much-needed cool beverage.
- Social events. We have BBQ's (on our lovely balcony), board game nights, game tournaments and regular visits to our local pub.