Mendix is a visual, model-based IDE to create mobile & web apps. On top of this, our platform supports cloud deployment, feedback & collaboration and reusable components via our app store. As a result, Mendix is the fastest and easiest way to create and continuously improve mobile and web apps at scale. Our R&D team works with the latest technologies to create our innovative platform — React, Node.js, TypeScript, Cloudfoundry/Pivotal/AWS, C#, Scala, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, etc. And because more than 40,000 developers from 4,000 organizations around the world rely on Mendix, each commit has the potential to impact not just them but millions of end users. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. The Desktop Modeler team develops our IDE, the Mendix Modeler, creating high-tech software with an easy-to-use interface. You will use both your excellent C# skills and Model-Driven Development techniques to deliver new features and improve product quality. You’re the innovator we need if:
- You’re fluent in C# and functional aspects like lambdas and generics, and you’re also not afraid of other languages, design patterns, and technologies like WPF and DI containers.
- You like to learn from highly motivated and capable colleagues and in turn share your knowledge.
- You want to become part of a work environment in which your ideas are valued.
- The focus of your work is on bringing business value to our product.
- You’re comfortable working as part of a scrum team, and you believe the quality of the product is a team-responsibility.
- For you, work is also about having fun and playing the occasional game of table football and/or ping pong.
Experience a culture like no other at Mendix:
- We’re flexible in adopting new technologies and methodologies if that makes the product better or our lives easier. Each scrum team is free to choose its own tech stack, so you can always try that latest new idea, framework or design pattern. Our teams are small so that you can have a real influence. We care about open standards, and we’re also big fans of Test-Driven Development. We’re constantly improving our Continuous Integration process, which monitors the quality of our product and makes the lives of our developers and testers easier.
- Every month, we have crafting days when developers are invited to work on whatever they want. For example, people work on a bug that somehow never got prioritized, try out a cool new technology that may be useful to us (now or in the future), build an automated goal counting mechanism for the football table, or a Lego Mindstorms setup to control the elevator.
- We like people who take ownership, and try to give everyone as much freedom as possible. This means there’s as little process as we can get away with, because we don't want to get in your way. We also strive to stay as flat as possible. Do you have an issue? Walk right into our CTO's office and bring it up. Even though our client base consists of large enterprises, we do not allow a bureaucratic culture to enter our R&D department. We value the start-up culture that has brought us so much success. We are a tech company, not a project-oriented organization.