Goldsmiths, University of London is a world-leading centre of educational excellence where ground-breaking research meets innovative teaching and thinking. They are looking for inspiring and talented leader to help improve their data driven environment, utilising cloud and integration technologies to enable high quality services for their students and staff.
Goldsmiths, University of London is looking to appoint a C# Business Systems Developer, focused on supporting a range of enterprise applications.
As part of an ever changing innovative enterprise environment, your role will be key in providing 2nd and 3rd line support across a range of student facing applications (Unit-E, Scientia & CRM), as well as being involved in software development and projects.
As C# Business Systems Developer, you will provide specialist support within the Business Systems team, developing and maintaining supported services and applications within an ITIL environment and ensuring the Business Systems Strategic Plan is adhered to.
You will also liaise with other technical teams within IT & Information Services and external suppliers where required. You will perform requirement analysis for change initiatives, contribute to relevant project work and ensure release processes and procedures are maintained, enabling smooth transition into operations.
You will get the opportunity to support a wide range of enterprise and student facing applications and related technologies so you should be passionate about technology with the drive to develop your expertise within an enterprise environment.
- Extensive C# and Visual Basic development experience
- Strong background in supporting and improving functionality of enterprise applications within a large environment as well as performing routine database and infrastructure checks
- Detailed knowledge and experience of systems development and problem solving with enterprise level solutions
- Ability to create clear defined technical documentation, for example creating a detailed functional specification and solution design documentation.
- You will be a self-motivated, pro-active, dynamic, able to engage, challenge and influence others
- A track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across IT and the wider organisation
- High level, proven inter-personal communication skills are essential
As an employer of choice, Goldsmiths, University of London offer an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary package of £38,142 - £42,540 (inclusive of London weighting allowance)
- 28 days annual leave plus 6 paid closure days (4 at Christmas and 2 at Easter) and statutory bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme (USS or LPFA)
- Working in Zone 2, with fantastic transport links and interest free travel to work loans
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay and tax efficient childcare voucher scheme
- On-site dining facilities and gym
- Access to University of London facilities such as Senate House Library
Interviews will take place Week Commencing 8th October