Our Quality Assurance team ensures that our website and mobile applications can continue to evolve while maintaining reliability, quality and making sure that new features are in the best possible shape before they go live.
We're now looking for a "Bug detective" to join our team! This individual should be someone who's highly motivated, detail-oriented and has a passion for shaping the quality and user experience of our web-based products.
Are you ready to make an impact? Then we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Working as part of a highly agile, multidisciplinary team, you will be tasked with testing changes to our core products, which can range from smaller user-facing feature changes to entirely new backend infrastructure setups.
- Using a combination of both manual and automated testing methods, you will guarantee the quality of both the functionality and user experience, while ensuring that they integrate problem free into our existing products.
- You will identify bugs using automated, exploratory and regression testing, as well as by performing data analysis using business intelligence tools.
- You will get the chance to learn how to properly create and develop automated tests as you collaborate with our different Software Engineering teams.
- You will be responsible for making sure that your team and processes are in order, allowing features to be released as quickly and efficiently as possible, while also maintaining our extremely high standards of quality.
- When unforeseen problems arise, delays will be inevitable, so it is essential that you keep all relevant stakeholders up to date on the status of the expected product changes.
What you'll definitely need:
- Fluency in English.
- An impeccable eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest mistakes.
- Ability to work in an incredibly diverse, agile and fast-paced environment.
- Being open to change and relishing new challenges: adapting to new processes and structural changes as part of a highly-agile environment.
- Having excellent communication and coordination skills so that any potential misunderstandings are avoided and you're able to handle stakeholder expectations diplomatically.
- To be a real addition to every team you're part of: working towards a collective goal rather than striving solely for personal success.
What we'd love you to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, OR having an astute technical understanding of large-scale websites OR previous experience with manual testing and/or automation test case creation. (Any previous experience working as a tester, test engineer, or even in business intelligence would be a plus.)
- At least a basic understanding of Web-based technologies or other relevant programs or tools e.g: HTML, CSS, JS, JAVA, GIT, Jenkins, Selenium (learning on the job is also provided).
- Experience working in an agile team.
- A passion for technology!
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/