Under supervision of the clinical sequencing laboratory director, will provide support to clinical lab at the Center by designing, developing, and implementing LIMS application and related tools. Work closely with the lab to collect requirements for new workflows, modify existing workflows, answer questions and train users. Develop, maintain and support RESTful APIs, standalone applications, and web interfaces to support upstream and downstream applications and users.
- Develop LIMS workflows to support lab operations (Java) .
- Develops plug-ins, RESTful APIs, standalone applications, and Web interfaces for the clinical LIMS system.
- Research, design, and implement continuous integration frameworks as health-check for production clinical LIMS.
- Use version control (git) to maintain code.
- Design and develop software and databases as part of bioinformatics and biomedical informatics data storage, visualization, processing, and analysis systems.
- Design and implement features (algorithms, data structures, database access, visualization, user interface) and add modifications to existing mathematical/scientific applications.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Evaluate, install, and maintain data and software.
- Work closely with the lab to collect user requirements.
- Work with other bioinformatics teams to develop tools and api to support overall operation and achive department goals.
- Provide LIMS training to users.
- Generate documentation for workflows and APIs.
- Provide support to LIMS users by troubleshooting and resolving help tickets.
- Support various other LIMS related tools that are used by upstream and downstream systems.
Bioinformatics, Computer Science or Mathematics
Less than 2 years Experience with bioinformatics methods
Master’s Degree Preferred.