The mission of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) is to promote precision oncology through genomic analysis to guide the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. The CMO brings together clinicians and scientists throughout Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to conduct large-scale translational research involving molecular characterization of patient tumor specimens in order to identify correlations between genomic features and clinical outcomes.
The Platform Informatics group within the CMO is seeking a full stack software engineer with expertise in both front and back-end development of web applications. We seek an applicant that will provide Graphic User Interface (GUI) design, prototyping, and development of new applications that interact with existing APIs and databases for the enhancement of the Integrated Genomics Operation (IGO). Work will be performed in a small group atmosphere (approximately 10 members from diverse disciplines) with several active collaborators, and in concert with other software engineers, project managers, and genomic sequencing core scientists.
- Work and collaborate with a top-notch team of software engineers and genomic scientists to build novel applications for the Integrated Genomics Operation that facilitate next-generation sequencing data generation, analysis and result delivery.
- Design layout, process control and other technical specifications for various applications that host data flow, data storage, data review and data delivery.
- Develop specifications ensuring performance optimization of system and/or application.
- Plan, coordinate and provide time estimates for completion
- Develop and maintain software systems that interface with other systems through RESTful APIs, web interfaces, and socket based client/servers.
- Implement and follow the best practices in software development, code versioning, software testing, and deployment.
- Produce required functional, technical, and user documentation that describe the specifications, data flows, and user interfaces.
- Resolve production problems; support, maintain, and enhance application releases.
- Able to design and develop the full stack: both front and back-end application development.
- Experienced with creating and implementing RESTful APIs and web application architecture.
- An expert with UNIX/Linux command line.
- Able to consider good user interface design practices as you develop a UI.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A person who enjoys working in a team, is self-motivated, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and can solve problems independently.
- Bachelors degree in computer science with at least 2 years of software development experience.
- Familiarity with software testing methodologies, design patterns, and clean code principles.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, cross functional issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting abilities, attention to detail and accuracy.