Complex problems require the right expertise! Today one of the biggest challenges is data storage and processing, cross these three main domains (3Vs): Volume, Velocity and Variety.
At Xpand IT, the Big Data technological area develops and implements architectures and software solutions that represent the state of the art on the capture, ingestions, storage and management of critical data from huge clusters where the 3Vs are always present. In what concerns to technology stack, we take advantage of almost all state-of-the-art frameworks in Big Data ecosystem such as Spark, Kafka, Hive/Impala, Azure Data Services or MongoDB using Java and Scala as programming language to interact with them.
As a Big Data Software Engineer you’ll play a key role in the team along with Big Data Administrators to create the best software solutions applying big data best practices in terms of architecture and systems design. You’ll guarantee backend software performance, reliability and scalability is achieved independently of how fast data clusters grow or the throughput of information increases.
Your daily activities will include:
- Implement software solutions that include loading, preprocessing and ingestion from disparate data sets into big data clusters.
- Design robust and reliable software solutions independently of amount of input data.
- Implement big data industry standards into the final software solution
- Analyse complex problems that need solutions for efficiently manipulate huge amounts of information
- Develop data models and data organizations that optimize “search” and “store” operations in large sale distributed systems
- Design APIs for swift data tracking and query data at high speeds
Skills you need to have:
- MSc / BSc in Information Systems and Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Strong knowledge on Linux operating systems
- Experience with Java oriented technologies (JBoss, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, REST/SOAP)
- Experience of design patterns to implement advanced software solutions.
- Experience with non-relational & relational databases (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, JIRA or equivalent tools
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken).
// Will be a nice plus if you have:
- Knowledge or experience with Apache Spark, Kafka or the Hadoop ecosystem
- Team player and problem solving skills