The Data and Insights team is seeking a Big Data Hadoop Developer to join their team! As a Big Data Hadoop Developer, you will assist the team to develop quality Hive based ELT software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process. You will work with Business Analysts, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to understand the product vision and feature requirements to deliver systems that are in line with architectural norms and best practices. You will assist in designing a new revolutionary Meta Data Driven Data Ingestion system based on Hadoop technologies (Kafka, Hive and Spark). You will participate in code reviews to ensure solution meets requirements and identify additional use cases.
The Big Data Hadoop Developer will act as a strategic and productive member to his/her organization and management by providing creative and innovative ELT processes. These ELT processes are targeted at improving the overall Data Ingestion system to support Reporting and Analytics for our Customers. Team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both tactical and strategic technology solutions.
- (5+ years’ experience, in Analytics and Business Intelligence specifically data ingestion processes and technologies.
- 3+ years Hadoop ecosystem experience specifically Kafka, Spark and Hive
- Passionate about data, loves to find solutions to problems combing through data
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and influential with all levels of staff and management
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Governance, OLAP and Big Data
- .Net, J2EE, Extremely proficient with SQL
- Multi-discipline methodologies: Agile, Lean, Iterative, Waterfall, TDD
- ETL experience
- Event / Streaming based ingestion experience
- Excellent Unit Testing skills
- Understands the value of the team being greater than any individual
- Great communicator and effectively explains complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language to technical and business audiences
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Drive value by creating technological based data solutions for business problems and opportunities.
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.