ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Fashion Store App
Team: Mobile API
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter: Sara Bettencourt
The Mobile API team is responsible for handling the ever-increasing traffic coming from mobile apps through a microservices architecture. Joining this highly talented team is an opportunity to get exposure to both large scale distributed systems (and the challenges that come with it) as well as cutting edge languages, frameworks and tools.As an example of the kind of current challenges we are currently focused on is to move away from STUPS to Kubernetes.
As a Backend Engineer, you will build mission-critical applications at the heart of Zalando that process ten thousands of product offer updates per second. You help your colleagues by applying the latest and greatest technology and shape the technical future of our components.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the development of our systems, ensuring efficient and user-friendly tooling. You will also be responsible of shaping a scalable and performant architecture of the systems that you will be working on.
- Design, build and operate large-scale data processing applications that provide all sales channels of Zalando with product offer data at the lowest latency using technologies such as Clojure or Scala and Akka
- Ensure a state-of-the-art software development methodology.
- End to end responsibility of all of your projects and will focus on building scalable and cloud ready software solutions in our AWS and API-first tech environment.
- Be part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with Clojure and / or Scala. If not, experience with other languages and high desire to learn new ones is required.
- You have a strong DevOps mindset and always aim for improving the status quo.
- You understand the properties of large scale distributed systems and have a good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture and RESTful APIs, particularly using a cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience or knowledge of GraphQL and HTTP/2 based solutions.
- Write clean and modular code that will make it easier to maintain, update, and scale.
- Excellent understanding of general security concepts and value security as design principle.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.