We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join a stellar team working on our software platform that brings health and safety into the world of the smart home and real estate. You will be a key contributor to our growth in launching new SaaS products as well as scaling our software infrastructure to meet the growing demands for our monitoring products and control solutions in the market.
Working directly with our Director of Software Engineering and the rest of our software engineering team, you will be collaborating with our frontend, firmware and hardware engineers as well as designers to build the best indoor environment management platform there is!
Based in our office in SoMa, San Francisco, we value software craftspeople and foster a friendly collaborative atmosphere.
You love system architecture. You love getting things done. You’re super smart and picky about finding the right role. You’re experienced, but you also welcome the toughest challenges and like to learn new things.
- Build robust and scalable software in Scala
- Design services and system architecture with other team members
- Help improve the code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- 2+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design (preferably in Scala)
- Extensive experience with building production-grade applications and services (preferably in Scala)
- Must have cloud experience in production (Google Cloud experience being more preferable)
- Good understanding of Kubernetes and Docker and experience of using them in production