Shypple is looking for a creative developer who wants to simplify complex service on a global scale.
Shypple is building an application with global impact. With your development skills you will simplify a traditional, complex service and work on a globally scalable product that allows companies to manage the entire supply chain in an unprecedented time and cost-efficient manner.
As a developer at Shypple you are confronted with very challenging issues on a daily basis. You build on a platform that is growing fast and to which many new features are constantly being added. Together with the team you (pro) actively contribute to the further development of the platform and you are also responsible for the technical future of the platform. Your opinion and ideas are really taken into account at Shypple. That is why we are looking for a problem-solving, business-minded back-end developer who makes well-considered choices to develop well-functioning, robust functions.
The focus is on the development of all (complex) logic on the server side, the definition and maintenance of our database, and ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A basic knowledge of front-end technologies is therefore desirable. Our Tech Stack consists of Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, JS / CoffeeScript, SCSS, Sidekiq, ActiveAdmin, RSpec, ReactJS, Postmen, RubyXL, Geocoder, Capistrano and Git.
In an international team we work with a clear roadmap, as well as with incoming requests from the Sales and Operations team, on the development of new functions for our Web application and public API.
- You have a HBO / WO level of work and thinking.
- We expect you to be acquainted with Ruby on Rails and our Tech Stack - or at least a large part of it - in perspective to your professional level.
- We expect you to continue to develop and we challenge you to learn new technologies. We are always open to new technologies.
- You like to (pro) actively contribute to product development to solve our technical complexity together with the team.
- You have a feeling for the platform and our mission/vision. We do everything we can to conquer the world and unleash a true revolution. That is why speed is important and requires careful choices to be made between the perfect code and to launch a properly functioning feature at a fast pace.
- As a person you are down to earth, involved, analytical and pragmatic. You are a pleasant and accessible conversation- and sparring partner.
- You master the English language on a professional level, both orally and in writing.
- We expect you to take a seat at our office in Rotterdam. Remote fullfillment for this position is not possible at this time.
Shypple offers you the opportunity to grow together and experience a great adventure together in a role and working environment where you can get the best out of yourself. You will work within an inspiring team in which we work together for extraordinary success.
The growth potential within Shypple is large. You are in an innovative organization where progress is stimulated and facilitated. You actively contribute to the further development of the platform and services, creating opportunities for both the organization and yourself.
This naturally also includes attractive employment conditions, such as a good salary, complete secondary employment conditions and attractive additions such as your own laptop, telephone and an annual personal development budget. And all this within a state-of-the-art working environment in the lively heart of Rotterdam with a sunny roof terrace, an in-house gym, Friday afternoon lunch and drinks, and inspiring team outings.