Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands, to manufacturers - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Forecasting tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil customer demand. Zalando pricing and forecasting engineering team uses cutting edge technology to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams. We are looking for backend Engineers to work on a broad set of real-world practical problems of massive scale that will have a direct and significant business impact.
As a Backend Engineer in Zalando - Pricing and Forecasting team, you’ll bring the engineering perspective into our Data Science teams. You will be building the required micro services serving large data from the models and also working as data engineers to build the pipeline for Machine Learning. You either already have a good understanding of these domains or your strong mathematical background allows you to become familiar with these trendsetting disciplines easily. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile best practices.
- To design and develop backend services that implement the pricing decisions and strategy. Your understanding of and interest in processing large amounts of data, and optimisation of algorithms make you a driver of innovation.
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance, readability, and maintainability.
- Play a critical role in the team as a java developer working on key results.
- Understand and communicate effectively with internal business customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Think abstractly and discover correlations between problems, methodologies, and solutions.
- Implement possible solutions, evaluate outcomes, and update direction according to business goals and constraints.
- Follow a feature through its entire lifetime from problem formulation to solution delivery.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least three years of professional programming experience in Java OR Scala OR Python.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, distributed systems, and RESTful APIs, particularly using cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Effective communication skills and ability to understand business requirements
- A desire to work hands-on in analyzing large data sets. Experience with relational and NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience with building and/or running large-scale applications is a plus
- English language fluency
We particularly encourage Java / Scala Engineers with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Distributed computing (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Agile development practices (TDD, BDD, pair programming)
YOU BENEFIT FROM
Community. Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties and events.
Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish work.
Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Scale. Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact our recruiter Almog Greenberg.