Are you looking for algorithmic challenges and willing to help our development team raise its game while you work on building and improving our software? Do you thrive in an autonomous environment and like to work on various projects? Then this job just might be what you are looking for.
You will be a part of a young, interdisciplinary development team of 9 people; junior, medior and senior developers. Our office counts 30 people, working in a monumental building on one of the best locations in the heart of Utrecht.
Our customers operate in the global event and entertainment industry. We provide them with software that ticks all the boxes when it comes to organizing and planning their activities. Think of quotations, crew planning, transportation scheduling, item tracking and invoicing. As a backend developer at Rentman you work on just one application: our in-house built software, which is being used by over 10000 people and businesses around the globe on a daily basis to plan events. It is a challenging job, which includes PHP and MySQL.
What you will be doing
- Work on a big and extensive product and carve it out even further
- Develop new ways to efficiently process and scale large quantities of data
- Work agile and carry out your own projects
- Be part of a young and dynamic team
- An in-house developed PHP-Backend which is capable handling a million requests per minute, with AngularJS (migrating to Angular & Typescript) for the frontend and mobile application.
- Few microservices for tasks as worker scheduling and websocket server written in NodeJS.
- High Available infra design with mostly docker containers in AWS (ECS, SQS, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch)
- We do "no touch deployments" and use a custom solution to gracefully migrate customers to new versions
We look for
- University background in computer sciences (Dutch: HBO/WO)
- PHP experience: not mandatory if show you are willing and smart enough to learn
- Open-minded way of problem-solving
- A team player willing to share knowledge
- Good communication skills in English (Dutch is a nice plus)
- A full time job (32 hours possible)
- Room for personal development within a fast growing company
- Be part of young and ambitious team and possibility to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Yearly training budget
- Free lunch & fully stacked kitchen
- Bi-annual big company event next to our regular events (think of drinks, game nights and karaoke)
- Sit/stand desks
- Superb office in the centre of Utrecht
- Ping-Pong and Xbox in the office