Florio GmbH is a medical technology/ digital health platform dedicated to helping make the lives easier of people with a rare blood condition. We're looking to bring a back-end engineer (ruby on rails) to join our multi-cultured and multi-talented engineering team.
You'll be a key contributor to our projects and overall growth.. This is a great time to join!
Full job description below:
- Haemophilia is a rare bleeding disorder affecting people of all ages around the world.
- Florio strives to give people with haemophilia individual insights, enabling them to make individual choices and live life to the fullest. Using the latest technology, Florio aims to bring data-driven insights to the healthcare professionals supporting them to change lives through personalised care.
- As the Backend Engineer you will help build and maintain the core of the Florio platform, our API and Physician dashboard. Your experience working with lean product teams and building full-stack applications will allow you to efficiently turn business requirements and user stories into finished features.
- All members of our engineering team, contribute to implementing and following the latest technical best practice. Everyone at Florio is interested in moving efficiently and pragmatically, your ideas will help us improve every day.
- You will create and modify the endpoints of our API, and the Postgres database that sits behind it, so that our patient mobile app can meet the changing needs of our users.
- You will lead the development of new features in our Physician Dashboard, a Rails web app with a simple but elegant, responsive UI.
- You will work with the Lead Engineer and wider team to establish and execute Continuous Delivery and Agile best practices, allowing Florio to quickly deliver new features and fixes.
- You will play a leading role in team sessions such as planning, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Ruby testing tools (RSpec, Minitest) (would be nice)
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with modern build pipelines and tools (we use Circle CI)
- Experience building solutions on AWS (or any other cloud provider)
- Desirable experience with profiling and optimising applications (memory usage, SQL queries, etc.)
- Desirable experience with Docker
- Great English communication skills – both written & verbal (German not required)
What we offer:
- An attractive compensation package, with base salary and incentive plan
- Many additional benefits (e.g. pension plan, accident insurance, job bike, and others still being defined.)
- Flexible working hours and home office opportunities
- Best-in-class IT (MAC or Windows? Your choice!), iPhone, Apple Watch
- Attractive travel policy, with dedicated Business Travel agent
- A creative and collaborative studio in Munich - Schwabing
- A diverse, experienced and creative team with tonnes of international industry and start-up experience
- An early entry into a rapidly growing digital health startup
- Insights into all aspects of a high-growth startup
- A friendly and truly collaborative environment
We're looking forward to your application and talking further!
POC: [email protected]