As a Backend Engineer in BESTSELLER, you be working in an international E-commerce Company that is leading in the market when it comes to site speed and mobile first. What you build in BESTSELLER will appear on over 160 websites across the world for all our brands including Jack&Jones, Only & Vera Moda. Together with your colleagues you will work on our services to give our customers the best shopping experience.
Who we are
Our team of 170+ colleagues from over 30 countries work to create exciting fashion experiences – whenever, wherever. We have high standards and expectations for our team and are always looking for passionate and business-oriented people. We are very proud of our culture and international environment where we care for each other, while always pushing to grow and get better at what we do.
Who you are
An Engineer who is passionate for good software and hates redundancies. You are balancing your work between elegant solutions and deliverables, as you always choose quality over quick and dirty solutions. You are excited in learning new tech, but you have a critical eye. Last and foremost, you are a Team Member.
Daily tasks will include
- Building new features into the different microservices within our AWS architecture, that support our Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) platform
- Conducting thorough code reviews
- Defining and implementing automated tests
- Defining architectural solutions and improvements for the application(s) you’re working on
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- Identifying and defining viable improvements to our way of working
- Sharing knowledge with your team members
- 3-5 years of experience in Backend Development
- Experience in OOP, preferably in Java
- Extensive knowledge of software design patterns and principles such as DRY, SoC and SOLID
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Hands-on experience in Relational and non-Relational DBs, Kafka, NodeJS, Spring (Boot), Docker, AWS and TeamCity
- Experience in Scrum, Git (flow), and JIRA (and the rest of the Atlassian suite)
- Excellent English communication skills (our company language)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) In CS / Software Engineering (or related fields
Key players in our Technology Stack
Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Zookeeper, AWS EBS, AWS S3, Redis, DynamoDB, MySQL, New Relic, Docker, Maven, BitBucket, Grunt, NodeJs, React, Selenium
Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a good work atmosphere and equally offer good benefits. To this extent, you can think of off an excellent daily lunch made by a professional cook, a ‘fit for less’ plan, regular Friday events with colleagues. Last but not least, we have employees from all over the world and encourage international candidates to apply. If applicable, we will assist you in relocation formalities, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly below. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Andrei Branzea at +31646278350or [email protected]