Job Description:What you can expect
BASF Nutrition & Health provides a comprehensive product and service portfolio for
the human and animal nutrition, pharmaceutical and flavor & fragrance industries.
With innovative solutions and modern technologies we help our customers improve
their business efficiency and the sustainability of their products.
- As a back-end developer within our unit Digitalization of Businesses & Functions you will help implementing and enhancing the units strategies to enable the future growth of Nutrition & Health.
- You will be responsible for the development and deployment of digital offerings connecting our know-how to the outside world.
- You will collaborate with various team members and stakeholders in digitalization projects.
- You will be responsible for the integration of user-facing elements with server-side logic for web-services, including APIs.
- You will participate in workshops to contribute your own ideas and challenge existing hypothesis.
- You will be responsible for the optimization of applications regarding speed and scalability and the implementation of security and data protection concepts.
What we expect
- You have in-depth knowledge of at least one back-end programming language (e.g.
- You have a proficient understanding of cloud infrastructure environments (Azure, AWS, Google) for setup, administration and hosting of web-services and applications, including the adherence to security principles.
- You have relevant experience in managing database administration and scaling of applications to support load changes.
- You are familiar with user authentication and authorization between multiple
systems, servers and environments.
- You have gained experience in creating database schemas that represent and
support business processes as well as in implementing automated testing
platforms and unit tests.
- You have a good understanding of popular frameworks like AngularJS and Node.js.
- You have a great command of English and familiarize yourself quickly with new
subjects and tasks.